South Carolina

South Carolina

Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Change in Disciplines


 After a few days of soul searching, I have come to a decision on my future riding experiences. I am in no way cut out for dressage. I don't have the muscles in my legs to post in my saddle and it is a struggle to learn when you only have 2 days a week to do it. After riding the other day in a western saddle, I have resigned myself to the conclusion that I am and always have been a western girl and my favorite actor has always been John Wayne. No one has been or ever will be better than the Duke. I felt more comfortable and confident in that saddle than I have in the last 3 months in my dressage saddle. So this week when I have time I am taking it to be sold on consignment. With the money that I can maybe get for it, I can add to the bucket for my Quarter horse. Now theres another thing, Quarter horses are cheaper and easier to find than a Dutch Warmblood or Hanoverian. My heart will always be in the English saddle but my body and brain know where they belong. There probably wont be a someday either. I have been watching Reining, Barrel racing, Horsemanship  videos and it looks like alot of fun. I will be honest though, I have been getting bored with the Dressage videos lately. I guess I should take the hint. By the way, the bucket has over $400.00 in it. I had over &600.00 but I needed a new riding helmet since I am apparently not done falling yet. I also needed new gloves due to reins slipping thru my fingers. I am ok with all of this. I think I will be happier in the long run. I will, as usual, keep you posted as events unfold.

2 comments:

  1. You always struck me as more of a Western gal than a stuffy Dressage rider and I think in the long run you're going to love having made this decision!

    ReplyDelete